Boho Bride: Makeup Tips
Saturday, January 12 2013
Heidi Nymark was our makeup artist for the Boho shoot in our Spring/Summer 2013 issue and her work was so fresh and gorgeous we thought we’d ask her to share her secrets:
The number one thing is that your skin is and looks healthy, so I picked a brand that I have been loving named Isun, a mineral makeup that I found at Bella Fiore, an organic med spa with a naturopathic approach to health and beauty that views the skin as a reflection of internal health and well-being. Their unique approach combines the wisdom of nature with non-invasive skin care technologies for effective, long lasting radiant results. They pair the very best organic, non-toxic skin care with internal skin health recommendations.
How to get this natural look:
1) Skin: I used the mineral powder Foundation mixed with Ultra Sapphire Moisturizer (one pump of the moisturizer to a small amount of power), then blended into skin. Then I set the skin with Pearl setting powder and bronzed the skin with Laguna to give a sun kissed look.
2) Cheeks: I used Star Rose Quartz, a pink toned blush on the apple of the cheek. (You can mix with a small amount of moisturizer to get a dewy look). With your finger or brush, blend a shimmer (I used eye color Beryl) from the outer brow boneto cheekbone to give a glow.
4) Eyes: I used a light wash of Beryl from the lash line to brow. For the crease, I used Sandstone (use a light windshield wiping motion in the crease to create a soft look) and at the lash line I smudged a little Amber for definition.
5) Lashes: Use waterproof or lash-curling mascara, like Trish McEvoy Lash Curling, which is a revolutionary tubular curling mascara that forms water-resistant tubes around the lashes, dries instantly and doesn’t smudge or smear.
6) Lips: I use a light stain looks in a berry tone that matched the models skin and tapped a nude lip gloss in the middle of the lip for shine.