Sleek and Simple: Minimal Wedding Dresses that Make a Royal Statement
Meghan Markle has redefined the definition of a princess look for any bride walking down the aisle. In honor of her beautiful and simple gown designed by Clare Waight Keller for Givenchy, we've rounded up simple, minimal styled wedding gowns. If you desire a touch of glam, look for something simple with a subtle embellishment, whether it's a touch of lace, a delicate draping of beading or a dramatic v-cut.
1. Rime Arodaky: The stunning “Lee” gown by Parisian designer Rime Arodaky boasts an off-the-shoulder neckline beautifully met with embroidered floral illusion tulle gracing the back. Romantic silk chiffon details on the skirt add texture and continue the flawless style.
2. Alexandra Grecco: With a plunging front cutout and an open-back design, Alexandra Grecco’s “Paloma” flaunts dramatic details while remaining refreshingly simple and elegant. Graceful sleeves sweep over the shoulders, creating an effortless display of beauty.
3. Tara Keely: With a simple bodice and bold skirt, this fit and flare gown has it all. The unique halter neckline and keyhole detail are counterpoints to the sparkly tulle skirt, while a low-cut back ties it all together.
4. Lela Rose: The deep V-neck of Lela Rose’s “Waterfall” gown highlights the illusion bodice. The gown’s dainty, understated floral pattern is classic yet decidedly modern.
5. Carolina Herrera: The wide neckline of the “Andie” gown by Carolina Herrera drops dramatically down the back in silk crepe details, leading to a showstopping organza bow on the back. The unique bow accessory beautifully complements the gown’s lovely train.
6. Anne Barge: Anne Barge’s minimalist “Mindy” gown is a gorgeous sweetheart high-low princess seam a-line gown of mikado scuba.
7. Atelier Pronovias: Regal right down to the feather-trimmed touch at the ends of the sleeves, Atelier Pronovias’ crepe and organza ”Nuria” mermaid gown features a bateau neckline and a sexy side-slit skirt that finishes in an elegant train. Just add a veil and the vision is complete.
All photos courtesy of the designers