Photos by: Matt Blum Photography
Brides, Grooms, Photographers: Get a wedding published in Seattle Bride magazine! We are looking for fabulous, creative and beautiful weddings that took place in Washington. We want to feature couples who have a great story about their engagement, proposal and/or wedding.
UPCOMING DEADLINES: March 15, 2013
This is when we will finalize our selections for the Fall/Winter 2013 issue, though we welcome submissions year-round!
WEDDING DATES IN THIS ISSUE:
We are looking for weddings that occurred between September 15, 2012 and March 10, 2013. They must have taken place in Washington state.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re interested in couples who a have a great story about their engagement, courtship, wedding, reception and/or honeymoon; have a distinct style, everything from DIY to glamorous gala affairs; and we’re always looking for and inspired by cultural, ethnic and sexual diversity. With the countless amazing locations here, we only feature weddings that were located in the state of Washington. We welcome submissions from anyone and everyone involved in the wedding: family, friends, florists, planners, caterers, etc! Please simply consult with the photographer about the image selections.
WHAT KIND OF PHOTOS SHOULD I SUBMIT?
Please share a selection of photos that provide a compelling overview of the look and style of your wedding and that illustrate, in a documentary/storytelling style, all the important elements of the event:
- bride and groom
- wedding party
- getting ready
- fashion, hair and makeup details
- cocktail hour and reception
- venue(s), exteriors and interiors
- flowers, cake, table settings, other décor
- favors, place cards, guest gifts, programs, menus, and other details
Finally, it's important that you send us exclusive photos; we cannot feature weddings that will appear in an advertisement or another publication or editorial blog. Note: It is okay if the photos have been posted to your own blog or Facebook page.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS:
(Note that we've moved to an online-only submission process to make it easier for everyone!)
- Create an online album of your wedding (containing no more than 25 images). We would prefer free, public photo sharing sites like Flickr and Picasa that don't necessarily require a log-in to view the images. Feel free to create a private gallery and send us the link. We will be sharing it between a few staff, but others won't be able to see your photos.
- In your email, please introduce yourselves: your names, the date and location of your wedding, your contact info, and preferably, a brief description of your style and love story. Please also include your photographer's name and contact.
- Because of the number of submissions, we unfortunately won't be able to respond to or acknowledge the receipt of every one.
- We will contact your and your photographer after March 25 to request high-res versions of any images we have selected to run in the magazine.
Ali Brownrigg, Seattle Bride editor
A NOTE ON PHOTO USAGE: By submitting these images, we assume you have received proper releases from any individuals and locations featured in the photos. Photos you submit may be featured in the print version of the magazine, on our web site or both and will be credited with the name of the photography business. More details will be provided to selected photographers.