The Best Is Yet to Come
It’s the age-old story of true love, and today’s tales are just as true as they’ve ever been. As we look toward the future—the rest of 2021 and beyond—we can’t help but feel true excitement and deep gratitude for what is to come: the thrill of gathering with family and friends to celebrate a couple’s nuptials without the fear and anxiety of wondering whether it’s safe to do so. And that thrill extends to a couple’s passion for their life to come as married people, ready to take on the world and its challenges, no matter what they may be.
And so it’s with hope-filled anticipation and a renewed zest for life that we offer inspiration for weddings to come. From grand soirees to intimate elopements and everything in between, today’s weddings leave no doubt that love, in all its glory, will reign, and that the best really is yet to come.
To all the love and what it holds true.
News + Notes
1. Bridal couture line Grace Loves Lace, which celebrated the opening of its Ballard location earlier this year, recently launched a new collection titled Amitié. The line is ethically produced in its Australian atelier and features a selection of luxurious “fuss free” pieces, all made from eco-satin, created using 97% recycled materials. Elysian (pictured), the brand’s current main bridal collection, is also turning heads.
2. Redo packages—ways to celebrate missed moments from the past year—are on the rise, and Lotte Hotel Seattle has launched an entire “Re-Do Menu.” The hotel’s redo packages include special rates on events and stays, as well as dining at The Charlotte Restaurant & Lounge (with spectacular Elliott Bay views); Le Spa de l’hôtel Lotte packages; and gourmet cakes by pastry chef Artis Kalson—all to make up for lost time.
3. In 2020, longtime favorite City Catering launched specialty gift basket company Bite Society, producing more than 25 food and specialty gift baskets in house. The baskets are perfect for all sorts of celebrations and can be shipped nationwide, helping couples connect to loved ones in a special way, no matter the distance.
4. Washington wine label Jaine is known for its bottles of crisp white and rosé blends, which make for the perfect celebratory treat or gift idea for brides, wedding parties and more. The brand’s tasting room, dubbed “Jaine Cottage,” opened earlier this year in Woodinville. The airy space is available for tasting reservations.
5. After completing extensive renovations early last year, with original plans to open in 2020, new venue EvenTide Lake Union at Tyee, formerly known as the Tyee Yacht Club, has reopened. A team of expert vendors celebrated with a styled shoot to kick off the season.