Old Alcohol Plant Inn
Constructed in 1910, the Old Alcohol Plant building was originally owned and operated by Charles H. Adams, father of the famous photographer Ansel Adams.
Classen Chemical Company made alcohol out of sawdust at this plant, closing it’s doors in 1913, remaining quiet for 65 years.
In 1978, Ray Hansen set sights on the building shell and the potential it presented. Investing nine years and over $4 million, Ray and his wife Jeanne created a hotel and resort called the Inn at Port Hadlock.
After several changes in ownership, government officials closed the doors on the Inn at Port Hadlock in 2011 due to taxes owed. A small group of local philanthropists saw potential in the property, purchased and renovated it, then reopened the hotel in 2016 with a mission in mind and a new, old name.
The walls of this sturdy hotel provide lodging for community members in need, create jobs to enhance our economy, and provide a beautiful waterfront location for private events and classes.